CALL CENTRES ?
- Call center is the place where the service agents render support and services to the customers coming up with issues or queries related to their company products.
- Call centers support their customers through phones
- The agents rendering services through call center are well trained and professional
- They perform functions like giving training, call quality assessment, workforce management and others.
- Call centers support the technology ACD means automatic call distributor
- The call centers mainly concentrate on customer satisfaction over the calls attended.
- Call centers are data-driven means the calls answered, missed are stored in the databases.
- Call center agents can handle a single call at a time.
CONTACT CENTRES ?
- Contact centers reach the customers through social media, messages, email, live chat and more apart from phones.
- Contact centers can shift from one media to another media channel easily during the interaction.
- Contact centers can handle two or more customers issues at a time by a single agent.
- Supports multichannel support
Single channel vs Multiple platforms
Contact centers: Supports and resolves customer queries received from multiple social platforms.
Call centers: customer issues resolved through phone calls only.
No. of issues
Contact centers: number of issues resolved are more and quick by the contact centers through email, phone, chat bots and other social media.
Call centers: The number of issues resolved are limited as they are resolved through live calls compared to the contact center.
IVR vs Chat bot
Call centers support the IVR system where customers select the options in the call depending upon their issue to register the complaint or can talk directly to the agent.
Contact centers support chat bot systems where agents deliver the solutions to the customers directly on the chat bot and if the customer is not happy with the solution, then the agent leads the call directly to the relevant technician.
Contact centers follow the automation technology to route the customer ticketing process which includes giving priority to the tickets, categorizing the tickets, updating, and streamlining the issues are done automatically.
Call centers don’t implement automation services.
Contact center supports software and data integrations that help to resolve the issues quickly, retrieving the data of the customer and others can be done easily.
Call centers don’t support data and software integrations as they function completely on phone calls.
Contact center approach customers in multiple ways
Call centers reach the customers only through phone calls.
Contact centers do not allow their customers to wait in the call queues
Call centers make their customers wait in queues as they rely only on phone calls.
Contact centers follow a proactive approach
Call centers follow a reactive approach
Contact center’s efficiency is high as they handle more customer issues from different platforms and sources
Call centers efficiency is average as they handle average queries of customers compared to contact centers.
Traditional vs modern
Contact centers follow modernized technologies and approaches to reach the customer queries hence referred “modern centers”.
Traditional centers are nothing but call centers that use old approaches to resolving customer issues through phone calls.
These are the few differences between call centers and contact centers that prove that organizations must go for contact centers when compared to call centers to become efficient, quicker in resolving and supporting customer issues.